There are several purposes for building a business website. A website design company has to focus on all the aspects of design and development to ensure that the website is fast-loading, user-friendly and engaging. This is a must in this competitive era when setting a great favourable first impression is all the more important.
Generating organic traffic is the primary need for a business website. It helps the brand to have a strong base. Moreover, websites need to convey the idea and represent the values of the brand in showcasing their content and intentions. Once a website starts getting more visitors, the goal should be to make them stay on the site for as long as possible. Also, it is essential that the website compels visitors to take action.
A number of websites are built to attract traffic but fail to capitalise on and retain customers. While creating a website for your business, you need to ensure that it is built to supersede visitors’ expectations by every means.
Nevertheless, there are several constraints that can untimely pop up and hinder the performance of the website. Some of these reasons can drive customers away from your business. Getting professional assistance from a web development company not only helps assess your requirements better but also creates a positive brand image and ensures long-term growth.
Here are the top 10 reasons in which your website may be driving customers away:
- Slow Speed - In today’s instant culture, visitors’ attention spans are decreasing and they are used to fast-loading websites. They do not wish to waste a second on a webpage that takes more time to load. Browsers too are well-accustomed to fast-loading websites. So, if your website is taking time to load, it is time to redesign the same if you do not wish to lose out on valuable customers.
- Mobile Integration - Websites nowadays need to be accessible from all types of devices. This is because people are constantly checking products and services while on the go, using mobile devices. So, mobile-friendliness is a key factor to be emphasised while creating a website for your business. Make sure that the website has great mobile responsiveness if you want to tap into a wide range of customers.
- Bad Navigation - Too many options degrade the quality of customer experience on the website homepage and can get them confused. When the visitors have difficulty in looking for what they need from a particular website, they will exit browsing. A website with all the other great qualities can still be ineffective if it has bad navigation.
- Auto Videos & Music - Avoid using disruptive music and videos on your business website. Simply imagine a visitor accessing your website homepage to be greeted by jarring music or disturbing videos. Doesn’t bode well, right? It will certainly ruin their entire experience and make them avoid visiting your website again. If you want to use relevant music or demonstrate videos, make sure you give the visitor the choice to pause and play.
- Unclear or No CTA - Visitors are likely to be disinterested in a website if the brand does not have a proper Call-To-Action. If your website does not provide the visitors with options to take measurable steps, get access to your products and services, provide relevant information or make queries, customers will move on to competitor websites to get what they want.
- Pop-Up Adverts - A website should not welcome a visitor with pop-up advertisements. Even though these adverts have great CTAs at times, they are a bad experience for the customer. Pop-ups are sometimes unnecessary and restrict your viewers from accessing relevant content. This can be annoying and can drive customers away from the webpages.
- Theme - It is important to choose colours and themes for the website that are not only pleasing to the eyes of the visitors but also help them to read in between the lines clearly. When creating a website for your business, it needs to have a relatable theme and a clear background to interest visitors.
- Lengthy Sign-Up - Signing up with a website, registering and subscribing should be an easy process for your visitors. Remember, they do not like to wait or indulge in processes that are time-consuming. Make the process as short and simple as possible.
- Poor Content - The content of your website should be in complete alignment with your business model and your brand values. Transparency is an important element that helps to retain customers. If the visitors to your website cannot relate to your content, they will not be able to trust the brand and will end up leaving.
- Wrong Contact Information - If the website does not have any contact information or is displaying incorrect contact information, you are unwittingly misleading the visitor. This can make them lose credibility in your company. Including information such as phone numbers, email addresses, physical address, fax, and other such contact details helps in instilling trust in your visitors.
If you are facing any of these problems, your business is at risk. Avoid losing out on valuable customers by creating a website for your business that ensures maximum efficiency.