There are multiple things to consider when redesigning a website. It is imperative to identify the goals of a website redesign to repurpose the company's existing business modules. Website redesign services include a high-level overhaul that requires elemental changes such as content, code, structure, visuals, CTA, page speed and more. The purpose is to serve the visitors better because anything that is good for customers is good for the growth of the business.
A proper website redesign strategy improves user experience, lowers bounce rates and boosts revenue. There can be a multitude of reasons to redesign your website. Nevertheless, it is crucial to create a website redesign checklist to put your website redesign plan into action. Content quality, graphic design and brand reputation cannot save a clunky website that is hard to navigate. It creates a negative user experience. Research is a crucial part of the website redesign process and businesses have to dig deeper to truly understand what visitors want to make their website user-friendly.
Companies have to determine several factors before driving into the website redesign process. Some of the common factors include the most valuable existing pages, the audience visiting the website, customer grievances about the website, the purpose of the entire website, the elements of the website that are working well and how to evaluate the success of the website redesign process.
Website Redesign Checklist for Improved User Experience
The user interface design of a website can heavily influence the user experience. Here are some tips to consider when redesigning a business website:
- A Complete User Understanding - Brand owners have to understand that the website should be appealing to visitors. If the content, purpose, design and services do not resonate with visitors, there will be no conversion rate. This is why it is vital to understand the problems of the target market and redesign the website to offer solutions to improve user experience. Data-driven market research of the audience can help to explore the market further and create new opportunities to turn the website into a successful marketing tool.
- Focus on Basic Functionality - A website redesign process should focus on the basic functionality of the website that previously failed to meet the user standards. It can be a small navigational feature on the website homepage or internal backlinking to guide the user to certain call-to-action. Professional website designers or website developers can integrate return-on-investment-driven trends that boost online conversion.
- Determine the Home Page Appearance - The homepage of a company website is the first landing page where a visitor is directed to. Even though it is not mandatory to display all options on the home page, it is vital to showcase the message and employ easy site navigation to engage visitors. Minimal but impactful content, relevant information, meaningful sales language and compelling CTAs on the homepage allow users to navigate and take action. There are additional factors like backend linking that directs users to relevant contact or action pages is important.
- Integrate Responsive Design - To remain competitive in the industry, all business websites need responsive design. A responsive website design helps brands to create a uniform website or application for different platforms. Companies can cater to customer web experience with newly launched products and services on new or multiple devices. The user experience on these platforms can be more impactful than simply accessing a desktop. It allows brands to reach out to a wider target audience at any time and platform to promote their business.
- Build A Site-map - A website designer can build a site map to successfully redesign a website. It is a crucial stage that highlights the processes involved to create the website designs. A website that focuses on solving problems with answers to questions can highly impact a brand to draw organic traffic and boost lead conversion. Professionals create robust wireframes and prototypes for the website design to test the functionality and structure of the organizational questions.
- Reduced Loading Time - Since today's audience wants to see websites load instantaneously, it is vital to focus on site speed while taking care of website redesigning. Website designers should ensure that the new redesign elements are optimized for faster loading speed for all types of browsers and devices. Additionally, they have to keep a check on the pages with complicated user navigation on different landing pages that subsequently affect the loading speed of the website.
- Track Analytics - There are multiple analytical tools that help to assess the performance and ranking of brand websites depending on the website framework. Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and similar tools offer a complete understanding and data results with intricate details about audience pain points and requirements. Utilizing the data to create a simplistic yet impactful website redesign. The analytical tools offer appropriate insights into details like page views, page loading speed, user behaviour, customer demographics, conversion rate and other factors. Focusing on these factors during the website redesign process can highly benefit any organization to improve its digital presence and impact.
- Restructure the Web Content - Website content is a key factor that attracts and encourages visitors to search through its different landing pages and reach an actionable conclusion. In a fast-paced world, business websites need to repurpose their content to match the demands of visitors and promote the value of the business. Website design content for excellent output includes professional images, a combination of animation and writing or something really creative that helps businesses connect with visitors. If a visitor does not find meaningful content on a website, then brands will fail to successfully convert leads.
A great user experience from websites is one that loads fast every time and offers relevant solutions with each click. A newly redesigned website can offer measurable ROI with careful updates and a user-friendly approach. Consult with professional website designers to get a website redesign cost and create a website redesign plan to turn your business website into a powerful marketing tool.